South Florida cities and more specifically Fort Lauderdale-Wilton Manors and Oakland Park had the highest percent of same sex couples in the nation. Other Florida cities were also on the list, surprisingly California cities lagged.
With cities over 250,000 in population the top were:
- Atlanta, GA = 2% of households
- Phoenix, AZ=1% of households
- Tampa, FL=1% of households
Mid-size cities between 100,000-200,000 in population were:
- Fort Lauderdale, FL= 3% of households
- Orlando & St. Petersburg, FL = with 1.4% of households
- Enterprise & Paradise, NV (both suburban Las Vegas) = 1% of households
Cities under 100,000 in population were:
- Wilton Manors, FL = 13% of households
- Rehoboth Beach, DE= 10% of households
- Oakland Park, FL (suburban Fort Lauderdale) = 5% of households
- Miami Shores, FL (suburban Miami) = 4.3%
If your looking for the best and only award winning men’s guesthouse to stay in Fort Lauderdale make the Cabana’s Guesthouse & Spa your South Florida home away from home.